Friday, October 26, 2012

October 26 2012

We've been in the house for over a month now and it has been a blast!
Being home owners has been great. We are trying not to forget or take for granted all of the little blessings that comes from being able to have a place of our own. Here is a short list of some of the things that we've been able to do since owning a home;


  • Have FRIENDS and FAMILY come over for dinner and COOK for our friends! 
  • Bake yummy treats!
  • SEW in my new sewing room!
  • Finish some CRAFT projects: Refinishing the desk and bookshelf in my craft room and turning my closet doors into chalk board doors!
  • Get some adorable CATS!
  • Hang out on our COUCH (or make dinner or do whatever I want) while Mitchell does homework! (In the casita you could either be on the floor, bed, uncomfortable stool chair, or desk chair and because he had to do homework Mitchell usually won the desk chair.)
I think one of the biggest blessings that we have noticed has been something we were not even really planning on; which was moving into such a great ward. (If you aren't Mormon and are wondering what a "ward" is; a ward is the church congregation you meet with every week which is determined by geographic location/ neighborhood) We feel like we have been able to meet a lot of wonderful people and become really involved. In our last ward, Mitchell and I didn't feel very involved because we were kinda in a Nursery bubble where the only people we would ever interact with were the babies (who we loved!) and their parents.  Now that we have a house and that we attend different classes at church we have been able to invite people over for dinner, go running with people, help people move, and I have even been able to work with the young women as an adviser which has been so fun.


As far as any other life news goes, things are chugging along. Mitchell is working hard at completing his application to Pharmacy School and we will be crossing our fingers for that. I've been really enjoying my job working for the Community Education Department at Avondale Elementary School District as a School Site Manager. The kids I work with are great and I enjoy having a much less physical job than the one I had last year (as much as I miss working with the kids and ladies I worked with).

And because I'm afraid I'm becoming a crazy cat lady I have to post some pictures of our new friend Joey:


That's it for today


No comments:

Post a Comment